I am currently turned off by split routines. I have lost desire to do them for now at least. for the past three weeks its be strictly compound exercises squat, deadlift, over head press, barbell rows, and bench press. I’ve been doing the stronglifts 5x5 program and I have seen increased strength, power, size, and even definition in only three weeks. Doing splits I would spend well over an hour in the gym the compound movements get me in and out in 45 min and I feel like I’ve really worked.
(In addition to answer keithsgym and who ever else was wondering. ) I squat 3 times a week and deadlift twice. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Tuesdays I Squat, Over Head Press aka military Press, and Deadlift. On Thursdays I squat, Bench press, and Barbell Row aka Pendlay Row. On Saturday its Squat, OHP, and deadlift. As you can see bench and rows are done once a week increasing in 5 pound increments every week.
- carveoutthefat reblogged this from strengthfromstruggle
- sheilafaye likes this
- lastmanonthemoon likes this
- the-rd likes this
- keithsgym said:How often are you doing each lift? Squats one day, Deadlifts the next, or are you combining them? If you’re combining how many times a week?
- wolfbearberry likes this
- tuppenceetdumpling likes this
- strengthfromstruggle posted this